Friday, April 5, 2013

Weekly Meal Plan


I'm back to creating my meal plans. It makes life so much easier when I know what's for breakfast and dinner. I did not add lunch because lunch will most likely be leftover of PBJ (depending on how much Kevin takes to work). :) I also created a weekly shopping list. The fruits and vegetable section is vague because we purchase our fruits and vegetables from Bountiful Baskets. We LOVE this co-op because the produce is fantastic and ordering two baskets that last us two weeks costs us $31.50!!! For a family of four with fruit and veggie lovers-this is a GREAT deal. Needless to say, I usually just saute some veggies with butter (Paula Deen style!) and seasonings. I tend to make a fruit salad that is really easy and delicious. I'll post that recipe sometime....the boys LOVE it and fresh fruit is good for them. Below is one week work of meals. :) I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!


Monday B- Pancakes and Bacon       
D- Crockpot Chicken and noodles (dark Meat only-reserve breast for Lasagna) Glazed Carrots Fruit Salad Fresh Bread
Tuesday B-French Toast
D- White Cheese and Chicken Lasagna Salad Jello Fruit w/ Whipped Cream
Wednesday B-Cereal
D-Corned Beef and Cabbage Cottage Cheese and Peaches
Thursday B-Eggs and Sausage patties
D-Baked Swai Persian Rice Fresh Veggie Fruit Cocktail
Friday B-Cereal
D-Shrimp Alfredo Garlic Bread Salad
Saturday B-Biscuits and Gravy
D-Tacos Mexican Rice
Sunday B-Leftovers
D-Baked Ham Mashed Potatoes Veggies

The Grocery List is a complete list of all ingredients needed. Some places I added measurements because I may have the item in the refrigerator and I'll just need to check quantity. My plan is to print this off and cross of the items that I have on hand for the week. Some may prefer monthly shopping, the reason we don't do that is because my Kevin loves to grocery shop and he does a much better job of sticking to the list than I do. ;-)

Grocery List
Produce Fresh
 Parsley
Onion
Cabbage
Raisins/Cranberries
Cilantro
4 heads of garlic
Lettuce
Dairy 4 c Mozzarella
Parmesan brick
Ricotta
Cottage cheese
HWC
1 lb of butter
Whipped topping
Sour cream
Meat Whole Chicken
4lb Corned beef brisket
Swai Fillets
Shrimp
1 lb Hamburger
Bone in Ham
Bacon
2 Sausage
Freezer Frozen Spinach
Canned 1 can Peaches or Pineapple
2 Fruit Cocktail
Black olives
Pineapple slices
Aisle 1 package Jello
1 Package pudding
Mini Marshmallows
Salsa
Rice
Lasagna noodles (9)
Tortillas



No comments:

Post a Comment