I removed all the hardware and the pull cord. I never did replace the pull cord. It was a fantastic feature that I miss, but I could not get the cord to go back in correctly. :( The rings and finials were plastic, but the rod itself, was metal. Kev sprayed it with Rustoleum and it worked perfectly. I gave everything a thorough cleaning, but no other prep work was involved.
The rod, ready for spray.
For easiest access to all sides of the rings, we clipped them to the clothesline. :) This worked fantastic and helped them dry quickly. :)
The rod is back up. We hung it quite a bit above where it was previously. Kevin didn't want it all they way to the ceiling....but it is very close. :) I added the curtains ($9.99 for two panels from Ikea, I have 4 panels total). I may change how they are hung at some point....but right now I'm just happy they are hung. :) This door has had no window covering since December! Now the zombies can't see in if I get up in the middle of the night for some water. ;)
Day shot, with the curtains open and all the light in! I added a tie back that I got free from my sister so that the 4 panels are contained. :)
I love this space. This is typically where I sit when I'm feeding the little girl that I watch during the day. The boys love all the light that comes through. This room is tied with our kitchen, for the most used room of the house. The cornstove is in here and the boys LOVE to sit in front of the stove and read stories, build train tracks, or snuggle/wrestle time. :)