Thursday, December 27, 2012

Yum Yum Hot Cocoa

The celebration is over but the decorations are still up. Oh how I love CHRISTMAS! I married a man who loves it as much or more than me! We had a wonderful time this year! Family, friends, phone calls to relatives far away, and joy on our boy's faces as they came down-stairs Christmas morning. We had a special Christmas this year here at our home with just us five. We had seen my family the Saturday before and Kevin's family is all over the US, so we spent it at home with our boys and my dad. It was special and memorable. We did a lot of snuggling, read about the birth of our Savior, opened presents and watched Christmas movies. It was perfect and precious. This whole month has been filled with wonderfulness. I love to take a minute here or there to catch up on my favorite blogs and see how everyone else is celebrating this wonderful time of year! It was during one of my reading sessions that I found this hot chocolate recipe! Here, in Iowa, with 9 degree temperatures and a foot of snow, hot chocolate is ALWAYS welcome. We've been a "packet" cocoa family....until recently. Our lives were changed forever after I found this recipe:
Best Hot Chocolate Recipe 1/2 c. sugar 1/4 c. cocoa powder (we used Hershey's) 1/3 c. water


Whisk these three ingredients together and bring to a boil.
4 c. milk 3/4 t. vanilla

Once the cocoa powder/milk mixture is boiling add the milk. Do not bring to a boil but keep it over heat until it's the temperature you desire. Add the vanilla and serve. It tastes delicious with Whipped Topping as well! Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment